The mission of Spheromics is to provide precise, reliable, and detailed bioinformatics services to the customer according to timelines.
|Spheromics was founded in 2007 by Dr. Andreas Scherer, PhD, |
and is registered in the National Trade Register of Finland.
Andreas is a molecular and computational biologist, with long experience in gene expression profiling and biomarker development.
He is member of the European Medical Writers Association.
Biography A. Scherer:
- 2014-present Project Director - Biomarker and Molecular Diagnostics, Insitute for Molecular Medicine Finland (FIMM), University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
- 2014-present National Coordinator Finland EATRIS, the European Infrastructure for Translational Medicine
- 2011-2013 Manager, Bioinformatics, at the Australian Genome Research Facility (AGRF) in Melbourne (AU)
- 2007 Founder/CEO Spheromics, Kontiolahti (FI)
- 2004-2007 Biomarker Expert, Novartis Pharma, Basle (CH)
- 2000-2004 Transplantation Research, Novartis Pharma, Basle (CH)
- 1997-1999 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX (USA)
- 1997 PhD, University of Freiburg /Max-Planck-Institute for Immunology, Freiburg (D)
Andreas is Associate of Project Management, a degree obtained from the George Washington University.
Andreas is Advisory Board Member of the journal OA Bioinformatics,
and editor of World Journal of Transplantation.
He has been member of the organizing committee of the AMATA 2913 conference (The Gold Coast (AU),
and of the organizing committee of the 2nd International Conference of Predictive, Preventive, and Personalized Medicine and Molecular Diagnostics 2014, Las Vegas, USA
Andreas is active member of the European Medical Writers Association,
ISCB (International Society of Computational Biology),
AMATA (Australasian Genomics Technologies Association), TTS (The Transplantation Society)